Out of all the issues that Fortnite faces, voice chat not working fortnite is the biggest. Now, there could be several reasons behind this. Some them are listed below along with their solutions.
Selection of the correct audio device
Before we go and discuss the methods through which the Fortnite voice chat is fixed, it is important to know that what are the things that are responsible for this issue. Well, out of all the things that are there behind this problem, the most common one is the selection of a wrong audio device. This is a very simple thing. There are a lot of devices that could be choose to output the audio from your computer system. Now, if you have a particular audio device and it is not connected to your system, then you need to fix it and here are the steps for that.
- The very first thing that you need to do in the regard is to launch the Fortnite. With the launch, you need to disable the voice chat and push to talk. You don’t need to worry about it, as it is a temporary change. If required, you can again change the settings.
- After the first step is over, you need to press Windows+S. A dialogue box will appear on the screen and you need to type sound in that. Open control panel after that.
- The whole control panel is in front of you. You need to select the recording option here. After that, search for the audio device that is connected to your computer. Right click on that and make it your default device. Before all of this, you need to enable it first.
- This was the final step. Now, you need to save changes and exit. After this, you need to restart your computer and see whether the voice chat not working fortnite issue is resolved or not.
Change in registry
Fortnite has a special problem in registry and it has been reported several times. However, a lot of people have registered that changing a few of the elements in registry helps in fixing this problem easily. Here are the points related to it.
- For this, you first need to press Windows with R. Now, type redegit in the dialogue box that is there on the screen. After that, press enter.
- Go to the registry option and search for “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Epic Games HKEY_USERSLONG-STRING-OF-CHARACTERS-REMOV” address. If for some reasons you are not able to go for this address, then you could simply search for epic games with the help of search bar on the top.
- Try to locate all the directories and once located, delete all of them.
- This was the final step. Restart your system and launch Fornite again on it. After that, check whether the voice chat not working fortnite issue is resolved or not.
These are the two possible issues that Fortnite could face and the voice chat problem could arise due to that. The solutions written below should be followed if one faces them.