Spotify, the music streaming major with over 232 million monthly active users, is harmony in the making. Here you not just discover, search and listen music of your choice, but share your own playlist with your social network friends. With over 108 million paying subscriber Spotify is now a major music platform where you have access to millions of songs and podcasts for free. Perfect, but how to find people on Spotify?
One of major features of the streaming platform is following your friends and share music with them via platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and Instagram, etc. But people find it difficult to find friends on Spotify, especially if s/he is not there on Facebook or not in your close network of friends on Facebook. This task is challenging, but not impossible. Let us learn how to find people on Spotify?
Learn to Find People on Spotify in Steps
You and enhance your music experience if you share your playlist with your friends or vice versa. There are two likely cases to finding friends one is through Facebook and others without a Facebook account.
– Through Facebook
It is pretty easy to find a Facebook friend and follow them on Spotify. Here are simple steps to do it easily;
- First of all, log in to Spotify and click the “Follow” tab. This will show 6 of your friends from Facebook network who are using Spotify.
- Next, if you are looking for someone specific, click the search-box of Spotify and type your friend’s name. The algorithm will find your friend if s/he is there on Spotify and in your Facebook network. You will see the name in the ‘User’ list in the search results.
- If you are on desktop, then click “Find Friends” at the right-hand column of the screen.
- Once you log in using your Facebook account, the system will fetch your friends list from there and show if they are on Spotify. You can follow them from there.
- Just click the “follow” button and here you go
– Without Facebook Account
If you want to add on a Facebook friend the best possible way to do so is through the Spotify username. But this is possible only when you are in touch with your friend.
- Another method to find is to try searching Spotify “username” which is normally created while logging in via Facebook. Take parallel channel help for knowing the username by going to the account section. Once you have the username do try this “Spotify:user:USERNAME”
- Another easy way to do so is by asking your friend to share the playlist. The list will come with username. You can follow him there onwards.
- But be careful while typing username as this is case sensitive.
- All you have to do is click “follow” tab and you are connected to your friend.
Now you know how to find people on Spotify in simple easy steps. Explore the world of music with your friends and share the joy.